TrackMania uses a XML-RPC-like API to authenticate players, load server lists, load rankings, etc... Here is some documentation about what has been reversed engineered. A lot is still left to be documented.
The game sends unencrypted POST requests to
to communicate with the API.
It sets two headers:
User-Agent: GameBox and
Accept: */*, and uses the following format as request body :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <root> <game> <name>TmForever</name> <version>2.11.16</version> <distro>MOLUX</distro> <lang>fr</lang> </game> <author> <login/> <session/> </author> <request> <name>[...]</name> <params> [...] </params> </request> </root>
Here is a description of the parameters :
- name: the client you are using. Known values: TmForever
- version: Version of the client
- distro: Unknown. Set to MOLUX
- lang: lang of the client, as ISO 639-1
- login: is not set when calling GetConnectionAndGameParams
- session: obtained by calling GetConnectionAndGameParams. Unset when calling that function.
- name: Name of the requested function.
- param: Parameters for the call.
The server responds with XML, which has obfurscated names:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <r> <r> <n>[...]</n> <c> [...] </c> </r> <e>execution time : 0.0010 s</e> </r>
Here is a description of the return:
- n: The name of the called function
- c: The return data
- e: A string giving the execution time.
- Set to 0 with TMF. Purpose is unknown. Maybe for servers.
- Max P2P download speed, as set in game config, in B/s
- Max P2P upload speed, as set in game config, in B/s
- b : Full game name (Set to "Trackmania United Forever for TMNF and TMUF)
- c : Set to "game.trackmaniaforever.com". Purpose is unknown.
- d : ?. Set to "online_game"
- e : ?. Set to 443
- f : ?. Set to 80
- g : Set to "World". Maybe base region?
- h : ?. Set to 1
- i : ?. Set to 1
Used to check if login is already used for account creation.
- Player login.
- Set to 1 if login is used, otherwise 0.
- ?. Set to 0.